Spiced Chicken and Minty Couscous
This is a lovely recipe and makes a nice hearty lunch or light dinner. Top tip: For the best results,marinade the chicken the night before you intend make this dish.
Prep: 30 min Cook: 10 min Makes: 2
Calories: 315 Fat: 8 g Carbohydrates: 12 g Protein: 32 g
- 2 small chicken breasts
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cm of fresh root ginger, peeled + grated
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 75g couscous
- Mint leaves finely chopped
- Juice and rind from half a lemon
- Cut the chicken in to slices, and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Cover the chicken with the crushed garlic, finely chopped red chilli, the fresh root ginger and the spices.
- To this add the grated rind of the lemon and squeeze over the juice.
- Add half of the olive oil and ensure all of the chicken is equally coated in the mixture.
- Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes but ideally 3-4 hours.
- Cover the 75g of couscous with boiling water, cover and leave to absorb for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a non-stick griddle pan over a medium heat dry fry the chicken pieces until cooked through.
- Fluff the couscous and add the finely chopped mint leaves, the remainder of the olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve the couscous in a bowl or plate topped with the chicken and a sprig of mint.