Vanilla Protein Oatmeal
This is a delicious high-protein breakfast recipe.
Prep: 10 min Cook: 10 min Makes: 4
Calories: 443 Fat: 11 g Carbohydrates: 34 g Protein: 52 g
- 1/4 cup oats (gluten-free or regular)
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop vanilla protein ice cream
- In a nonstick pot, bring your milk and oats to a boil. Allow it to simmer for 3-5 minutes until you get a thick and "porridgy" consistency.
- Remove oatmeal from the heat and let it cool before adding the rest of the ingredients. Add the whey after you cook the oats, or it will curdle.
- If you like your oatmeal thicker, add a bit less milk. If you like your oats runnier, add a bit more milk.
- For a dessert-like treat, top with your favorite protein ice cream. You can use either a store-bought one, or make your own version.